Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The New Yorker's cover addresses Thanksgiving/immigration controversy

The cover of The New Yorker's Thanksgiving issue
Illustration by Christoph Neimann
The title of this piece is "Promised Land."

The artist, Christoph Neimann, commented:

"I'm an immigrant myself and what I always found staggering is that there are tons of Europeans who get green cards and I know some of them are not legal from the get-go and that never comes up. Having a racial undertone in this debate is extremely hurtful. It shouldn't have anything to do with where the immigrant comes from."

The Huffington Post just published a really interesting article about this.


Here are a few other noteworthy works by the same artist:

"Dependence Day"
"Divided We Stand"
"S.O.S."
"Dark Spring"
(like Silent Spring)

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I especially like how the people on either side look almost the same.

    ReplyDelete