This blog covers basically all topics that I find interesting. This includes:
- Reducing waste
- Making things (especially upcyling)
- Conscious consuming
- Social justice
- Ethical and healthy eating (especially vegetarianism and raw foods)
- Art (especially graphic design and photography)
- Alternative lifestyle choices
- Fostering community
I try to make sure that every post has at least a little "real content." In the early days of this blog, I was once affectionately criticized for posting "a bunch of pictures of [my] bedroom," (see my first few posts) which lead me to realize that I would like to write about things that I think are important.
My personal freedom is really important to me. I appreciate that I am free to decide what to do with my life.
Some things I like to do are:
- Become acquainted with new places (cities, states, grassy areas, interesting businesses, houses, apartments, etc.)
- Talk to new people
- Try out challenges (i.e. stop using electricity, stop eating cooked foods, stop using a car as my main form of transportation, stop being afraid of bugs, get rid of things I don't need)
- Read aloud and be read to
- Throw parties and events
Also, I love to make and design things. Almost everything I make is made mostly from repurposed materials.
Some things I make are:
- Journals (using old notebook paper)
- Cards (using old magazine pictures)
- Zines (independently published booklets)
- Sewn crafts (using fabric from imperfect or unwanted clothing, sheets, etc.)
- Store displays
Some of my goals are:
- To rethink conventional ways of buying and owning, with a preference for making, reusing, buying used, and voluntarily doing without.
- To explore design, focusing on utility, simplicity, and comfort.
- To challenge the rules and formalities of eating, presenting oneself, caring for one's body, having fun, decorating, socializing, advertising, etc.