Sunday, August 1, 2010

New jewelry with buttons and chain links

I went through my vintage button collection the other day and was inspired to make button jewelry!


Vintage light yellow button over a shell-like vintage white button:




Vintage white button:



Vintage light pink over a vintage tan and black button:



I've also been using the links from this vintage chain a lot recently. I take each link off the chain and hammer it flat before using it.



Chain link necklace on a vintage silver chain:
(This necklace actually used to be this necklace, with the bronze beads. I like it much better now.)



Chain link dangle earrings:



Blue and pink recycled faux pearls with a vintage goldtone leaf pendant:



My cousin Jennelle brought this fabric back for me from Ghana. I love how the birds' feet fit together. I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet.



Also, if you are ever interested in buying jewelry from me, let me know. I don't think I would ever charge more than $15 for a piece of jewelry I made, but most would be less than that. It would just be nice because I have to spend money on chains, clasps, wire, and earring question marks. My email address is nicolekendra@mail.com, or you can just leave a comment. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Nicole! It's me, Katie. I'm the mystery blogger! Except I don't blog, so it's all a lie. Tell Melissa I'll thumb wrestle her for the framed flower necklace.

    All your pieces are beautiful! I especially like the buttons. It's very cool to think that you come up with the ideas and then bring them into existence. That Nicole Mazzeo is such a neat kid.

    Do you think I could beat Lisky at thumb wrestling? For real?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I like like like. Your photos look great, as always. I really like the antique chains. Usually I would think this stuff isn't my style, but it's all so beautiful and so charmingly Nicole - you make me want to wear it!

    ReplyDelete