Monday, July 19, 2010

New jewelry, new creative opportunity, and new experience

I recently taught myself to do the "Herringbone weave" and the pendant on this necklace is my first attempt. It's not as neat as it could be, but it doesn't look bad on.


I was hoping for a more dramatic look when making this next necklace. I'd like for the beads to be bigger, but I don't have any that would work. I almost never buy beads since the reason I started making jewelry was to reuse pieces from unwanted jewelry, and the pieces that are usually salvageable are the beads.


I found a ton of peacock feathers at a yard sale, and only paid a dollar for all of them. I'm not sure what to do with them yet, but I think they have a lot of potential.

Also, my mom got me this new plant for my birthday! I love the yellow planter.


I cleaned my bureau for it.


We went to Waterfire in Providence on Saturday night. I had never been before, and it was really cool. I got some good photos.


I like the light sky in the background of this one.




I'm making an Etsy shop soon, so it will be easier to buy jewelry!

3 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with the bottom picture.... how is it that we were both there but my pictures are infinitely inferior to yours??

    (and, more importantly, where are the pictures of me and the gargoyle?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s... this isn't "Jennifer"... guess who

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Are you........Melissa? I don't remember Melissa taking photos. Who are you?!

    ReplyDelete