Sunday, July 25, 2010

Birdcage Mobile

I made this birdcage mobile for Ashley as a birthday present.



I made the frame of the birdcage out of pipe cleaner (double stranded) and wrapped it in strips of fabric, sewing it into place where necessary (only a couple of places). Then I tied three pairs of strings of varying lengths (and colors: white, tan, and brown) to the bottom of the birdcage, and tied a clothespin to the bottom of each string pair. I tied a green ribbon to the top of the birdcage so it can be hung.



The easiest way I found to tie a clothespin to a pair of strings so it hangs straight:

1. Start with two strings.
2. Put one through the circle in the clasp of the clothespin from the left so it comes out the right side.
3. Do the other string the opposite way.
4. Tie the two ends of the strings together above the clasp.



I went to a Bon Jovi concert last night for my mom's birthday.


There were so many people! It was at Gillette.


Also, I saw this outfit at Merry Go Rounds yesterday. It reminds me so much of the cards I've been making!

1 comment:

  1. my birdcage mobile felt so proud when i told her she was on the internet! she feels so legit now. ;)

    ReplyDelete