Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The 6 things I could never do without, or: OkCupid life lessons

I joined OkCupid a couple of months ago (not in search of a partner, just to meet new people for fun) and one of the profile prompts is "The six things I could never do without."

I quickly wrote a list off the top of my head while filling out my profile and found it to be sort of eye-opening in the way that it summarized my life. It felt like creating a mind map of my life. What I came up with in about 2 minutes felt really accurate and complete -- and it helped me to see what's most important to me.

Here are my six things:

1. Human interaction.


2. Inter-species interaction. (It turned out the duck didn't want me to touch it.)


3. Warm, sunny days.


4. Nature.


5. A means to explore various places (i.e. a car or bike -- I'm hoping to transition from car to bike).


6. Aspirations. I need something to work toward; how would I feel fulfilled without making and possibly reaching goals?



What are your six?

And did you find the process of contemplating it illuminating?

2 comments:

  1. Ohh, this fits you well. You're a friendly person who always has an eye and the horizon and who positively refuses to let boundaries of any sort hold you back.
    If I come up with inspiration for six things that define me I'll answer back... but I'm horrible with these things. I tend to overthink them and somehow ignore (or miss) those quick, intuitive things that come to mind.

    Your "most private thing" gave me a good laugh! That is awesome on so many levels.

    -Chris M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You give the best compliments! And I'm definitely interested in reading your six if you do come up with them.

      Also: I can't find my DivaCup as of yesterday! Uhoh!

      Delete